Catalog: 1.3 Public Insurance Adjuster Video Class, Materials
PACKAGE VALUE $464.00 (See what's included below.)
Pre license California Department of Insurance Certificate Requirement
We have the class you need!
In the event that you haven’t heard, as of January 1, 2017, Public Adjusters are now required to take 20-hours of pre license course work prior to licensure. This is based upon SB 488 and has been added to the California Insurance Code as Section 15009.1.
Authorizing Act: Section 15007 of the California Insurance Code (CIC) reads, in part:
A Public Insurance Adjuster is a person who, for compensation, acts on behalf of or aids in any manner, an insured in negotiating for or effecting the settlement of a claim or claims for loss or damage under any policy of insurance covering real or personal property or any person who advertises, solicits business, or holds himself or herself out to the public as an adjuster of those claims and any person who, for compensation, investigates, for those losses on behalf of any public insurance adjuster.
What is the role of a Public Insurance Adjuster?
A Public Insurance Adjuster is a person who, for compensation, acts on behalf of or aids in any manner, an insured in negotiating for or effecting the settlement of a claim or claims for loss or damage under any policy of insurance covering real or personal property or any person who advertises, solicits business, or holds himself or herself out to the public as an adjuster of those claims and any person who, for compensation, investigates, for those losses on behalf of any public insurance adjuster. (statement from: Authorizing Act: Section 15007 of the California Insurance Code (CIC) reads, in part)
How do I qualify to be a Public Insurance Adjuster
If you're asking this question, you're not alone. Sometimes, it might seem like the information is running you in circles and no one knows where you should start. The following, is organized so you can review the requirements to qualify as a Public Insurance Adjuster and if you can complete the pre license online video class work to take the state exam for a public insurance adjuster license or if you need to meet a few other requirements first.
1. 18 years old.
2. California residency is not required.
3. Working with or under one of these entities: Individual, corporation, partnership, nonprofit corporation, unincorporated association, limited liability company.
4. Must have two years certified experience in the insurance adjusting field:
[2,000 hours of compensated time in the adjusting field is equal to one year of experience.)
Applicants who were licensed as an Apprentice Public Adjuster for 12 months can satisfy the two-year experience requirements.
(Note: An Apprentice Public Insurance Adjuster licensee is a person employed by a Public Insurance Adjuster for the purpose of training (12 month license-filing provided by your employer).]
5. Complete America's Training Center Online video pre license course [above package]
Our printed book outlines all the qualifications, forms, details, etc. to get your Public Insurance Adjuster license.
6. Resident applicants must pass the qualifying license examination prepared and administered by the Department and complete a fingerprint and background check.
7. When you have met the above qualifications and passed the state exam you can then pay for your license with the California Department of Insurance.
Package includes all of the following:
California Required Class
Video Access: 90 days
• 20-30 minute videos & review quizzes to strength your knowledge of each section.
• Unlimited review during access.
• Instant printable Certificate of Completion.
• All completion certificates are electronically sent to the California Department of Insurance.
• California Department of Insurance accredited class.
Book Printed (Pre license) [$55 value]
• This book covers all Public Insurance Adjuster license objectives for California 2020
• Qualifications of a Public Insurance Adjuster 2020
• Sample of Applicable Forms 2020
• Filing Requirements: Applications and Forms 2020
• Covers all State Exam Educational Objectives 2020
• Graphs, charts, and definitions
• Required pre license study material. Best when used with our Exam Practice (Prep) questions.
• We include shipping & tax. Your book is shipped priority mail with USPS.
Exam Practice (Exam Prep) with tutoring [$160 value]
Questions Access: 90 days – Double regular access!
• Unlimited review during access
• Topic structure helps determine your strength and weaknesses.
• Tutoring by phone & email
• Instant feedback online when you get a question wrong with details on the correct answer.
• 600+ multiple choice questions