Between 8 am thru 11:30 PST on April 15th you might not be able to access your account due to system maintenance.
Catalog: 1.5 Public Insurance Adjuster
What is the role of a Public Insurance Adjuster?
A Public Insurance Adjuster is a person who, for compensation, acts on behalf of or aids in any manner, an insured in negotiating for or effecting the settlement of a claim or claims for loss or damage under any policy of insurance covering real or personal property or any person who advertises, solicits business, or holds himself or herself out to the public as an adjuster of those claims and any person who, for compensation, investigates, for those losses on behalf of any public insurance adjuster. (statement from: Authorizing Act: Section 15007 of the California Insurance Code (CIC) reads, in part)
How do I qualify to be a Public Insurance Adjuster
If you're asking this question, you're not alone. Sometimes, it might seem like the information is running you in circles and no one knows where you should start. The following, is organized so you can review the requirements to qualify as a Public Insurance Adjuster and if you can complete the pre license online video class work to take the state exam for a public insurance adjuster license or if you need to meet a few other requirements first.
1. 18 years old.
2. California residency is not required.
3. Working with or under one of these entities: Individual, corporation, partnership, nonprofit corporation, unincorporated association, limited liability company.
4. Must have two years certified experience in the insurance adjusting field:
[2,000 hours of compensated time in the adjusting field is equal to one year of experience.)
Applicants who were licensed as an Apprentice Public Adjuster for 12 months can satisfy the two-year experience requirements.
(Note: An Apprentice Public Insurance Adjuster licensee is a person employed by a Public Insurance Adjuster for the purpose of training (12 month license-filing provided by your employer).]
5. Complete America's Training Center Online video pre license course [above package]
*This course covers the California Department of Insurance (CDI) Certificate of Completion requirement. A printable certificate in your 'My Account' and includes submission to CDI for credit when all course work has been completed.
(Our printed book outlines all the qualifications, forms, details, etc. to get your Public Insurance Adjuster license.)
6. Resident applicants must pass the qualifying license examination prepared and administered by the Department and complete a fingerprint and background check.
7. When you have met the above qualifications and passed the state exam you can then pay for your license with the California Department of Insurance.
|Comparison||Video Class Only||All Online Package||1st Try Guarantee Package|
|OnDemand Video Lectures
|Online Exam Practice Questions with Tutoring||x||x|
|State Exam Pass Guarantee||x|
|Printed Study Guide||x|